Targeted Care Packages Youth Mentor / Outreach Support Worker
Job no: 507320
Work type: Casual
Categories: Community Development, Youth Services
- The role is an entry level position to work with vulnerable young people, whom are being supported through a Targeted Care Package.
- Supporting young people to have positive and meaningful interaction in their community
- Casual position (inclusive of occasional weekend shifts), based in Bendigo, travelling required to surrounding areas
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role of the Targeted Care Packages Youth Mentor / Outreach Support Worker is to provide day to day mentor support to children, young people, their families and caregivers receiving supports of a Targeted Care Package, inclusive of forming strong community connections.
The Youth Mentor/ Outreach Support Worker will be required to provide general direction, encouragement and support to children and young people in developing their independent living and self-care skills.
This role will include consultation with case managers, writing notes, maintaining client paper file records and assisting with general office based tasks as directed including general typing, filing and administration support.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification, including Social Work, Youth Work, or Psychology. A minimum of a Diploma in other relevant fields is required.
- Capacity and commitment to work effectively and take a hands on approach with young people in a lead tenant or independent living setting to achieve planned change.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of providing quality care for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people, and to promote autonomy and self-determination for children and young people.
- An ability to provide support and encouragement to children and young people.
- An understanding of cultural contexts and the unique needs of Aboriginal children and young people.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current driver’s licence, current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description TCP OUTREACH - June 2021 - North Central.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Kerryn Seboa on 0437 217 273
Applications close 30 June 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend