Job no: 507346
Work type: Part Time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Part time 22.8 hours a week in an ongoing position
- Role has been classified as SCHADS Level 5 with salary packaging available
- Primarily located in Lalor with travel to deliver groups from other sites in the North East Metro Region and online.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
ParentZone Northern is a regional parenting service that aims to strengthen family life in the North by promoting positive parent / child interactions and relationships. This is achieved by enhancing skill and knowledge through the delivery of a variety of parenting and children’s programs in locations across the Northern region and providing resources to parents and professionals.
The position will co-ordinate and facilitate parenting and / or children’s programs and professional development in the Northern region, to meet the needs of disadvantaged and socially isolated communities. To take steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and wellbeing and other family members. To work with members of families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including a positive engagement with their community.
The position will involve working flexible hours, including occasional evening work, in locations across the North.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work/Welfare, Group Work, Community Development, Education or related areas at degree or diploma level.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005.
- Experience delivering Parents Building Solutions (PBS), Tuning in to Teens, Tuning in to Kids desired; Circle of Security, Bringing up great kids, family violence groups an advantage.
- Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Position Description: PD_Group Facilitator_Womens House_ Parentzone_Northm_ June 2021.pdf
For further enquiries contact Helen Slonek on 93015250
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Applications close: 30 June 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend