ABW Men's Therapeutic Practitioner
Job no: 507612
Work type: Full Time
Location: Mornington Peninsula, Southern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Fulltime – Fixed Term to June 2022
- Located in the Southern Region (Bayside Peninsula)
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging benefits
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
A Better Way is a community-based Perpetrator Intervention for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal fathers in the Bayside Peninsula Region delivered by Anglicare Victoria and VACCA.
The Men’s Therapeutic Practitioner will provide day to day delivery of services to Aboriginal and non- Aboriginal fathers who use, or have used, violence against their families.
The Men’s Therapeutic Practitioner will engage fathers to reduce the impact of their behaviour on their child/ren’s safety, wellbeing and family functioning, including regular professional, partner and child contact to inform an ongoing safety assessment and witness to the change process. They will develop an agreement with the father to address the concerns regarding his behaviour and work on goals to promote safety and healing in his relationship with his child/ren.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Social Work, Psychology and/or related behavioural science degree with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Experience in working with perpetrators of violence and fathers.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal children and families and significant competence in culturally safe practice.
- Knowledge, experience and practice in models of contemporary approaches in the Family Violence field, with strong knowledge and skills in working with men and child and family based approaches.
- Proven interpersonal skills and excellent written communication with capacity to develop collaborative and productive working relationships with internal and external service providers and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in family violence informed risk assessments with an all of family approach.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, click here: PD - Mens Therapeutic Practitioner ABW - fulltime - SOUTH - July 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Grenville Wise, OoHC & Community Services Program Manager on 03 9781 6700
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend