Case Manager Navigator
Job no: 507620
Work type: Part Time
Categories: Community Development
- Part-time until Dec. 2022 with the opportunity for extension dependent on funding
- Tree change to Central Victoria
- Work within an experienced and dynamic team
At Anglicare Victoria, our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We seek to ensure the provision of high-quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced youth or family case manager to provide short term interventions and supports for young people. The primary aim of the position is to provide short term case management support for young people 12-17yrs to reengage them in education. The position requires the case manager to work alongside young people, families, schools and other relevant services.
This position is expected to work collaboratively within a team and work closely with schools, families and other service providers across the geographical location of service delivery, to allow for optimal responsiveness to the young person’s needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or a lesser qualification with demonstrated experience and skills to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated experience in case management of young people, families and/or significant others especially in relation to school re-engagement.
- Ability to use a range of strategies in working with young people and families/carers around family issues such as abuse, family breakdown and family relationships.
- Knowledge of adolescent development processes for working with individuals and groups.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and ability to be self-directed.
- Knowledge of school environments and educational policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation and liaison skills and the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and clients’ families/networks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and to contribute to program development, implementation and evaluation.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be required to attach your introduction letter, resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Navigator 0.8 FTE Case Manager - North Central - Loddon Campaspe - July 2021.docx.pdf
For further enquiries contact Ben Johnston, Team Leader Navigator on (03) 5400 1100.
Applications close Wednesday 4th August 2021.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend