LGBTQIA+ Family Therapist
Job no: 507690
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
- 0.6 FTE ongoing position.
- SCHADS level 5 - with salary packaging available.
- Based at our Morwell office.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children, young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars: Prevent, Protect and Empower. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded. By living the Anglicare Victoria values and actively fostering fairness, equality, diversity and inclusion, our people make Anglicare Victoria a truly great place to work.
The LGBTIQA+ Family Therapist will provide direct service work to LGBTIQA+ Victorians and their families. The role will also hold a clinical capacity building responsibility to assist with embedding family sensitive practices into the work of the family services team and provide secondary consultations to the staff within the family services team.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary degree in health or welfare, such as social work, psychology, counselling or psychotherapy. Accredited qualification in family therapy.
- Substantial experience working within the child protection, placement and support services and/or family service systems. Demonstrated understanding of the relevant legislative and policy frameworks.
- Experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- An interest and willingness to advance the wellbeing of people from LGBTIQA+ communities in a non-judgemental and respectful manner, ensuing families and individuals feel listened to, acknowledged and supported.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in providing leadership and mentoring to staff supporting complex and high risk families.
- Advanced skills in clinical assessment, including risk, case formulation and care planning.
- Strong focus on developing a positive, high performing and engaged team environment.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check, a Victorian Drivers Licence and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: Gippsland - LGBTIQA+ Family Therapist June 2021.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Josie Stubbe, Program Manager on (03) 5136 9116 or Josie.email@example.com.
Applications close: 28th July 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability. First Nations People, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability, people of colour, or people who have a lived experience are encouraged to apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend