- Full-time permanent position
- SCHADS Level 5 with Salary Packaging available
- Located at our Sunshine office
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Adolescent Case Management Service (ACMS) is an outreach case management program operating five days a week between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm. There are some instances where we are required to be flexible with our operating hours and some after hours work may be required. Flexible working options are available to support this. The team consists of 5 permanent Case Managers and a Team Leader.
The program provides a case managed specialist support service to young people (12-17 years) on Child Protection orders with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, Victoria. The young people we work with predominantly reside at home or in alternative community placements. Our clients are considered to be at risk of future harm, given their histories of abuse, trauma and neglect.
In this role you will focus on the young person’s needs and wellbeing and in doing so, implement and develop the statutory Case Plan. This involves assessment, risk and behaviour management interventions, co-ordinating care teams and support services, high levels of engagement, exit planning and administrative responsibilities.
You will adopt a proactive approach to case management, involving a high level of contact with the young person, with a focus on developing a strong relationship, strong participation in decision making and, where appropriate, collaboration with family members and significant others.
The overall aim of the program is to reduce high risk behaviour and increase stability in the life of the young person. Strategies are used to develop resilience and protective behaviours, increase involvement in activities which are meaningful for the young person and enhance self-esteem and life skills.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or, a similar qualification with strong experience in the field.
- Experience in working with children, young people and families including a working knowledge of child protection legislation and practice in Victoria.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adolescent development, and strategies for working with young people, with complex and challenging behaviours, and their families.
- A high level of written communication skill and evidence of sound report writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills - the ability to build effective relationships and negotiate or advocate on behalf of clients and/or their families
- Proven case management, organisational and time management skills - the ability to meet deadlines is critical in this role.
- A demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of high risk behaviours for young people and their families, and current community concerns, such as Alcohol and Drug use, Mental Health, etc
In joining our team you will enjoy a positive and supportive team environment, access to extensive professional development and training opportunities and, as part of one of the largest community service organisations in Victoria, outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
At Anglicare Victoria we understand that working in Community Services can at times be challenging; we have a strong focus on supporting the health, wellbeing and resilience of our staff. In working with AV you will have access to a range of free wellbeing activities including Yoga and meditation, discounted health insurance and access for you and your partner to free and confidential professional counselling and support via our professional Employee Assistance Program.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete an online application. You will be requested to attach your resume, a cover letter detailing how you feel you are suited to the role and your responses to the Key Selection criteria.
A Position Description is available here: Western Region - ACMS Case Manager July21.pdf
For further enquiries contact Victoria Kulyk, Team Leader on 9334 1202.
Applications close: Friday 30 July 2021.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.