Recovery Support Team Leader
Job no: 507785
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Fixed Term contract position to 6 January 2022
- Full-time 38 hours, based at Lilydale
- This role has been classified as SCHAD Level 7 with Salary packaging available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role offers a Team Leader position to co-ordinate the delivery of a high quality program that provides genuine and positive outcomes for clients who were affected by the June 2021 storms and floods with grant applications, community information and practical support.
The Recovery Support Team Leader role provides practical support for those people who have been affected by the June 2021 Storms. This includes assisting in the completion of forms to access grants, provide financial and emotional support, information and support to access services including advice for business owners. The Team Leader will also provide leadership skills and have the ability to support staff in their practice.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- An understanding of the needs and issues faced by people who have been affected by trauma and disaster
- Advanced skills in case management and developing community linkages
- Well developed skills engaging vulnerable adults, children, youth and families including working with individuals with complex needs such as trauma, substance mis-use and mental health issues
- Experience in conducting risk and needs assessments, (including family violence), and developing and implementing action plans
- Leadership skills and ability to support staff in their practice, including promoting a learning and supportive workplace culture
- Well-developed skills and experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) drivers license
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Recovery Support Team Leader_RS_East_July2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and a cover letter.
For further enquiries contact Rebecca Baker on 9735 6100.
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 4 August 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend