TEACHaR Program Manager
Job no: 508193
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne Central
Categories: Community Development
- Leading an evidence informed program that improves educational outcomes for the most disadvantaged young people
- Flexible work arrangements are negotiable
- Salary Packaging offered with this position
A great opportunity to lead an innovative program that bridges the education gap for students in Out of Home Care, re-engaging them in learning and supporting them to catch up to their peers.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Education Specialists and develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships including with Schools, Case Managers, DFFH, and DET. The candidate will also drive the continuous improvement cycle and lead the promotion of outcomes in order to grow this unique program so educational support can be offered to more young people in OOHC to improve educational outcomes.
Anglicare Victoria offers a comprehensive network of services to young people, children and their families / caregivers living across Victoria. We seek to ensure the provision of high-quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families / caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria and we encourage applications from persons of all ages, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, genders, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical abilities.
To be the successful in the position you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, VIT registration and considerable experience as a senior teacher with leadership and management experience.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and create a workplace culture based on cooperation, teamwork and common pursuit of organisational objectives.
- Experience and understanding of students with complex needs and a demonstrated understanding of how trauma affects a student’s learning.
- Skills and commitment to actively develop and lead whole of program improvement initiatives and commitment to ongoing professional learning for self and others
- Ability to manage competing priorities and complex situations with well-developed mediating and negotiating skills
How to apply
Please refer to the detailed Position Description. PD_Program Manager_TEACHaR_Aug 2021.pdf
Applicants should click the ‘Apply’ button in the advertisement to apply through the PageUp applicant portal.
Applications close 3 October 2021.
For further information call Andrea Dwyer on 03 9293 8508
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend