Dual Diagnosis AOD Counsellor
Job no: 508237
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Part time 22.8 hours a week, limited tenure role until July 2022
- Based at the Boxhill Office.
- This role has been classified as SCHADS Level 6 with Salary packaging available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The key purpose of the position is to provide a range of counselling interventions, outreach to a mental health facility and conduct comprehensive assessments to assist clients to change harmful behaviours resulting from problematic alcohol and other drug use.
Anglicare Victoria Eastern Region are recruiting a 3 day per week position to our AOD Program. This position sits within our East Region Alcohol and other Drugs programs..
The clinician will hold numerous responsibilities with regards to the Dual Diagnosis Counsellor position. The position objectives and key responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide outcome-based counselling support.
- Work in collaboration with Eastern Health Inpatient Psychiatric Units.
- Provide comprehensive assessments including mental health screens.
- Assist clients to work towards harm minimisation strategies.
- Assist participants to utilise support networks.
- To maintain accurate and timely client records, alongside of relevant data collection relevant to service provision.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Social or Welfare Work, including minimum AOD qualifications, including dual diagnosis competencies as well as minimum of 2 years’ experience in the AOD sector or equivalent.
- Knowledge, experience and practice in models of contemporary approaches in the alcohol and drug field.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and oral) and conflict resolution skills.
- A demonstrated ability to be receptive and flexible to new ideas and the capacity to adapt to changing work demands and circumstances.
- A demonstrated ability to be a good team player and co-operate and support others in the pursuit of team and management goals.
- Good computer, organisational and time management skills and the ability to be self-directed, whilst working within a team.
- Must have current first aid Certificate or be willing to obtain first aid certificate for the role.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description PD_DDx Counsellor_CS_Aug 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Aaron Weston - Mobile: 0499 077 796
Applications close on: COB Friday 24th September 2021
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Applicants will be required to hold the relevant qualifications and experience outlined in the PD.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend