Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
Job no: 508243
Work type: Part Time
Location: Southern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Ongoing - Part Time (0.8FTE)
- Located in the Southern East Region - Dandenong office location
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging benefits
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria’s Alcohol and other Drug programs provide counselling, consultancy and continuing care to:
- Individuals with drug and/or alcohol problems 18 years and over.
- Families and friends of individuals with drug and/or alcohol problems.
- Individuals currently involved in the criminal justice system
- Professionals needing assistance in working with and supporting individuals with drug and/or alcohol problems.
The SURe consortia is comprised of Anglicare Victoria and EACH and is a leading provider in the delivery of a broad range of community based Alcohol and other Drug treatment across the Inner East, Outer East and the South East. The reformed integrated AOD catchment based model includes Intake and Assessment, Counselling, care and recovery Co-ordination, Non-Residential Withdrawal and catchment Planning.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Social Work, Social Science, Counselling) and specifically a minimum of a Cert IV in AOD or Post Graduate Certificate in AOD, including Dual Diagnosis competencies or a minimum 2 years in the AOD sector.
- Highly developed knowledge, experience and practice in models of contemporary counselling approaches in the alcohol and drug field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with mandated clients.
- A demonstrated ability to be receptive and flexible to new ideas and the capacity to adapt to changing work demands and circumstances
- Good computer, organisational and time management skills and the ability to be self-directed, whist working within a team.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, click here: PD - AOD Substance Use Recover (SURe) Counselling Clinician - part time - SOUTH - August 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application, attaching your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For further enquiries contact Grenville Wise, OoHC & Community Services Program Manager on 03 9781 6700
Applications close: 22 September 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend