Men's Behaviour Change Group Facilitator
Job no: 508272
Work type: Casual
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Located at Anglicare offices at Lilydale and other community locations
- Casual positions available
- the role has been classified as SCHADS Level 6
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This position will:
- Co- facilitate Men’s Behaviour Change group programs with men on Community Corrections Orders for the purpose of supporting them to stop using family violence and to develop responsible and respectful relationships.
- Provide intake assessments, individual treatment readiness counselling, and exit interviews with men when they complete the program.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or equivalent area or Graduate Certificate of Social Science (Male Family Violence) , with practical experience in working with Family Violence.
- Experience, in working with men who use violence.
- Group leadership skills and a sound knowledge of violence and abusive behaviours and its effect on family members as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the Children and Young Persons Act and the Department of Human Services - Protective Services
- Current driver's license
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For a detailed position description PD_MBCP Group Facilitator_Casual_East_sept 2020.pdf
For further enquiries contact Gennene Mitchell on 9735 6100.
Applications close COB Friday 17 September 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend