Team Leader - Parenting Services
Job no: 508274
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Join an organisation that makes a difference
- Work with young people, their families and a variety of networks and professionals
- Based at our Bendigo office and overseeing programs throughout the North Central region
At Anglicare Victoria, our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high-quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Team Leader Parenting programs is a leadership role, coordinating the delivery of multiple services - Finding Solutions, Placement Intervention Family Support (PIFS), Family Mediation and Reconciliation, Reconnect, Pre-School Field Officers (PSFO), and Keep In Touch (KIT) to provide genuine and positive outcomes for young people and their families. These services work towards strengthening meaningful connections for young people and their families with the aim of improving family relationships through early interventions, responsive support and practical advice. The Team Leader also provides ongoing support, supervision, performance management and learning & development opportunities for team members.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology, or behavioural sciences or equivalent, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills to perform at this level.
- Excellent understanding of the child protection, placement and support services, family service system, and homelessness sector including legislative and policy framework.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Well-developed skills and experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a positive and engaged team environment.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed position description: Team_Leader_Parenting Services North Central August 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your introduction letter, resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Trudy Fuller, Program Manager Youth & Community Services on 0437 690 504.
Applications close 22 September 2021.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend