Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 508324
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Full-time or part-time negotiable, Parental Leave position
- Located at our Lalor office
- Limited tenure until November 2022
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role involves the provision of an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and wellbeing and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to enhance their parenting capacity and family functioning and therefore to improve outcomes for children.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or a related degree in behavioural sciences with experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005 and a sound understanding of the Victorian Child Protection system.
- Demonstrated experience working with families who have multiple and complex needs, utilising a child-focused family-centred approach.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories which underpin effective in-home family based interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families, including a demonstrated awareness of the Child Information Sharing Scheme, the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and the MARAM Framework.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases such as IRIS.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description FS Prac 1.0 Lalor Sept 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jan Pfeiffer on 0408 053 196.
Applications close: Tuesday 5th October
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because applications will be assessed and candidates interviewed on an ongoing basis. If we identify suitable applicants prior to the posted closing date of the advert we may close the position early.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend