Intake Worker Child FIRST
Job no: 508349
Work type: Full Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Join a friendly supportive team
- Located in Yarraville with travel across Western Melbourne area
- Full time position ongoing
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria is the auspice for Child FIRST in the Western Melbourne Child and Family Services Alliance which covers the five local government areas of City of Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley and Wyndham. Child FIRST is a community based intake and referral point into support services for children and families, including the Integrated Family Services programs in the catchment.
The Intake Worker receives referrals into the program, undertakes initial information gathering and needs assessment, including the assessment of risk, provides information and advice to referrers, undertakes written assessments to the allocations meeting and provides short term work with young people and their families when required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and work within the ‘Best Interests Principles’ outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005;
- Sound understanding of Integrated Family Services and Child Protection system and ability to liaise and negotiate with DFFH Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including very good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: West Region - Intake Worker Child First Full-time Perm.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Child FIRST Team Leader Bonnie Relf on 9396 7400.
Applications close Monday 21 September 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend