- Part time SCHADS Level 5 role based in Rosebud
- Work mostly from within a school environment
- Improve the wellbeing of young people and their families
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Family Services provides families with support and counselling, within a managed case plan, designed to improve the lives of children. Individual family work is complemented by group work, and strategies to both engage families with their communities as well as for communities to be more responsive to the needs of children and their families. Qualified paid staff and trained volunteers work collaboratively and respectfully with children and families to build upon their existing strengths, and to enhance and develop skills and coping strategies.
The Family Worker in Schools provides a no wrong door model of support to families. The Family Worker is accessible by all the families at the school and works in collaboration with the local community to add value to the school’s wellbeing resources. The Family Worker provides a targeted response to improve family wellbeing, increase engagement with school and improve the wellbeing of children and families.
The Family Worker seeks to work intensively with Schools on the Mornington Peninsula to enhance family connections to the school and community thereby increasing protective factors for vulnerable children. The Family Worker will engage parents, teachers, students and community to foster learning skills, develop innovative actions that enable families to value education and connect with schools and increase wellbeing.
Using a team approach, the Family Worker will;
- Provide an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families to achieve their goals, aimed enhancing child/children’s development and family functioning.
- Take steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and wellbeing and other family members.
- Work with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including a positive engagement with their community
- Work collaboratively with Child Protection, other professionals and families’ broader social networks to ensure a coordinated support package is in place.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
1. A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
2. Extensive experience of working in child centred, family focused and strength based parent engagement to increase educational outcomes for vulnerable children
3. Capacity to undertake strengths based risk and needs assessment of families, school and community with a particular focus on identifying potential connections and pathways. Good understanding of child development, group process and facilitation skills
4. Ability to engage with teachers, students, families, volunteers, young people and community members
5. Ability to establish working relationships with key stakeholders that demonstrate respect and honest communication, particularly around building partnerships and collaboration. An understanding and working knowledge of the practices and principles of community development
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, click here: PD - Family Worker Family Services - part time - SOUTH - Sept 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. Please attach your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For further enquiries Kristy Reed Program Manager Family Services on 97816700
Applications close Friday 30th September 2021
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.