- Part time leadership opportunity 0.9FTE, SCHADS Level 7
- Located in a new purpose built facility in Packenham
- Lead an established team of passionate professionals
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
ParentZone has a long history of supporting parents and the professionals who work with them, in delivering Promising Programs approved by Australian Institute of Family Studies. Evidence and feedback from clients has identified our co-design methodology increases retention, parental confidence, enhanced parent and child relationships, understanding of child development all of which leads to improved family functioning. Your team are diverse, with skills, experience and passion for their work with families.
Evidence from the professionals we collaborate with identifies that they seek consultations as well as ask for and attend training we offer, often working through accreditation levels for both our Parents Building Solutions and Beyond the Violence. If you are a person who enjoys ensuring the efficacy of services provided, and the interest and capacity to promote quality work, this is the role for you. This busy environment will excite, encourage innovation and flexibility in responding to community need, draw on your creative energies in both program and system development.
This role would suit a dynamic person with knowledge of the child & community service sector, empathy for our client group, resilience and the ability to manage the day to day challenges of a busy and sought after service.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of multidisciplinary staff and ability to manage complex issues
- Extensive familiarity with a wide range of theoretical approaches relevant to parenting, including child development and the impact of trauma and the legislative framework surrounding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Demonstrated leadership in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, negotiate and develop partnerships with government and non-government organizations and community groups
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Full position description: PD - Team Leader ParentZone - part time - SOUTH - sept 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. Please attach your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For further enquiries contact Michael Hemingway on 0438 204 981 or Michael.Hemingway@anglicarevic.org.au
Applications close: Sunday 19 September 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.