Orange Door Practitioner – Respondent
Job no: 509346
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Family Services, Counselling
The Orange Door
A key recommendation of the Royal Commission and the Roadmap for Reform was to establish a network of Support and Safety Hubs (‘Hubs’) across Victoria to provide a new way for women, children and young people experiencing family violence, and families who need assistance with the care and wellbeing of children to access the services they need to be safe and supported. These Hubs are known as The Orange Door. The Orange Door delivers a fundamental change to the way we work with women, children and families, and men.
You will join a brand new team at The Orange Door satellite site Yarra Junction. This role will work as part of an integrated team to provide specialist services to Men/Perpetrators entering The Orange Door.
As a Practitioner you will support people with advice with a focus on risk assessment, engagement, and provision of an initial response and as a source of information to people referred to the Hub. You will work collaboratively as part of an integrated practice approach to respond to family violence and children and family vulnerability concerns through the provision of:
- Screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, targeted interventions;
- Allocation services and coordination of referrals;
- Collaborative working with the Hub team to support integrated risk assessment and planning, including participating in case conferences, meetings and the resolution of stakeholder issues.
For more specific information, please review the Position Description available here: PD - Practitioner (Men's) - Outer East TOD.pdf
You are someone with:
- Experience working with perpetrators of violence, men / fathers;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream;
- Demonstrated experience working with children and families and/or family violence where there are complex needs and risk issues;
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and prioritise risks and needs of clients in a whole of family approach;
- The ability to recognise and identify limits of own expertise and to seek advice or refer clients to other specialists.
What you get in return
- A Salary or $84,849 to $88,702 plus super plus salary packaging (Level 5 SCHCADS)
- Office location: Yarra Junction
- 9am-5pm hours based at The Orange Door
- Access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits supporting your physical and mental health
- Professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience
- Our Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- Support from Practice Leaders, Team Leaders and Senior Practitioners to support your growth and develop your skills
How to Apply:
This is a new campaign for the new satellite office in Yarra Junction.
Closing dates for applications 24th May
To apply for this position please click apply and submit your application.
You will also be requested to attach your resume and a cover letter that describes your passion and motivation to apply.
If you have any questions at all please call Paul Ridley on 03 9412 6078 or email email@example.com
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend