Job no: 509496
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Southern Suburbs
Categories: Family Services
Anglicare Victoria (AV) offers flexible and tailored support services as part of the Homes 4 Families Project (H4F), Home’s Victoria and Department of Families, Fairness & Housing (DFFH) state-wide initiative. Homes 4 Families supports singles/ couples, children and their families in creating a positive and safe environment within the family home, focusing on singles/ couples and families remaining together in supported two year accommodation. The services within the Homes 4 Families in collaboration with EACH Housing use various approaches including early intervention and assistance strategies, targeted and specialist support and continuing care pathways. AV provides Homes 4 Families through long-term transitional support services, based on the needs of the singles/ couples and children and their families.
The family Worker, referred to as the Lead Family Worker, will deliver a flexible outcome orientated service to isolated and vulnerable single/couples and families.
A position Description is available here: Homes For Families Family Worker.docx
What you will bring to the role:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Highly developed communications skills and an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed knowledge, experience and practice in working with families with complex needs.
- Skills in case management that includes developing linkages to community supports.
- Experience in conducting risk and needs assessments, and developing and implementing action plans.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement. AV employees are required to either be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 or have a medical exemption. AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements.
The important stuff
- SCHADS Level 5 salary plus salary packaging
- Based in the Southern Region which may also include work in Gippsland
- Contract roles up until January 2024
- Full time permanent, part time 4 days per week will also be considered
- Access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits supporting your physical and mental health
- Professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience
- Our Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- Strong, positive culture with a flexible and supportive manager and a supportive team that work together and breath what they do
How to Apply:
Applications close January 30th 2022.
To apply for this position please click apply and submit your application.
You will also be requested to attach your resume and a cover letter that describes your passion and motivation to apply and any experience you have working in Project Management.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend