Residential Youth Workers - Western Region
Job no: 509560
Work type: Part Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Residential Services
- Multiple permanent and casual roles available
- Maintain work life balance with week day, weekend, day and night shifts available
- SCHADS Level 3 pay with excellent penalty rates and salary benefits
About Residential Youth Work at AV
We are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and provide therapeutic care to young people across over 28 residential homes in Melbourne and Victoria. Within each house a team of between 8 and 12 staff provide trauma informed therapeutic care to young people which includes responding to the young person’s emotional and functional needs, the development of their personal skills, all administrative requirements and household duties.
The aim is to provide a safe and nurturing home environment while supporting the young people to be the best they can be.
What’s in it for You
- Free EAP as well as ongoing monthly supervision
- Supported Top Up Training enrolment if required
- Ongoing training opportunities including opportunities to undertake free TCI training
- Up to 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Salary packaging and NFP tax benefits
We currently have a range of Permanent positions offering guaranteed hours from 50 to 76 per fortnight.
Casual roles are also available offering you the opportunity to take up to 38 hours of shifts a week, with week day, week end, day and night shifts available. Casual roles attract 25% casual loading, shift penalty rates and flexibility to work at a number of different homes in our Western Region.
Our residential youth workers are passionate, motivated, resilient supportive and act as role models for the young people, while supporting colleagues to provide a safe and nurturing home environment. This requires excellent communication and relationship building skills, ability to maintain professional boundaries and an understanding of how to work therapeutically with young people with complex needs.
You will also require either
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement. AV employees are required to either be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 or have a medical exemption. AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements
Please review the Position Description here before applying Position Description - Residential Youth Worker- West.pdf
As part of the application you will be asked to upload a recent resume. You are also encouraged to write a cover letter to address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the PD.
Learn about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Read about our vision for Reconciliation
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend