Family Practitioner - Rapid Response
Job no: 510143
Work type: Full Time
Location: Southern Suburbs
Categories: Family Services
- Work intensively with families at the point of crisis
- Program delivery requires innovative new ways of thinking
- Small caseload, working with only two families
Rapid Response is an evidence-based program where you hold a small caseload of only two families, providing families with short-term and intensive (up to 15 hours per week) face to face support.
A safety-focused plan is developed with child protection and the family, and provides intensive, in-home support to address the crisis and immediate needs identified. Rapid Response Practitioners focus on addressing the protective concerns utilising a strengths-based approach that incorporates coaching and role modelling to build on parental strengths, skills, knowledge and resources to increase the levels of safety within the home.
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs, mental health, AOD, family violence
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families using innovative approaches
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to see families together and at home
- Ability to engage quickly and assess risk
- Professional experience and relevant qualification(s) in social work, psychology or a related discipline is essential, diploma level qualifications are suitable with relevant experience.
What is in it for you?
- A salary at SCHCADS level 6 which equates to around $93,000 plus super
- Full time 38 hours per week
- Based at our office in Frankston
- Quality supervision and feedback on your practice
- Access to pool cars
- Access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits supporting your physical and mental health
- Working hours are flexible but you need to be able to work outside of the 9am-5pm, which is great for work life balance
- Anglicare Victoria are leaders in the industry
- Unrivalled career progression, professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience
- Recognition as innovators
- Our Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- A leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement. AV employees are required to either be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 or have a medical exemption. AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements.
How to Apply:
Click apply below and submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your passion for working with vulnerable children, young people.
To learn more about the role a full Position Description is available here: Position Description - Practitioner (AVAW P FPR RR 2021V1) (1).pdf
For further enquiries Kristy Reed Program Manager Family Services on 03 9781 6700
You can also contact our Recruitment Specialist Paul Ridley on 03 9412 6078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about this role or any other role available at Anglicare Victoria.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend