Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 510509
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Family Services
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Anglicare Family Services Program provides a suite of services to vulnerable children, youth and families, including parenting support, case management and support to navigate the NDIS and other services. Many of these families have long histories of involvement with child protection and community agencies, and require flexible and innovative interventions to address their needs to support their safety and wellbeing. The Integrated Family Services team aim to increase the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, strengthen family relationships and dynamics and prevent children and young people from entering the Child Protection system. Family Services aims to support parents to ensure the social, emotional, educational, health and developmental needs for their children are met.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- A sound understanding of the social context of child abuse, neglect and trauma, with experience in applying relevant theoretical approaches to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable families to deliver a range of interventions to support improved parenting skills and positive outcomes for children
- Experience in conducting comprehensive risk and needs assessments, and developing and implementing family action plans
- Skills in case management including developing community linkages, including NDIS
- Capacity and resilience to work alongside families with complex needs and extensive histories of trauma and service involvement.
Detailed Position Description PD_Family Services Practitioner April 2022.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application process.
For further enquiries contact Josie Stubbe on 03 5135 9555
Applications close: 31 May 2022
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Please note that on 7 October 2021 the Victorian Government’s Chief Health Officer issued COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination(Workers) Directions. As an Employer, AV is required to comply with the terms of these Direction. AV employees are required to be fully vaccinated (First and second vaccination) by 26 November 2021 to work outside of their ordinary place of residence or have a medical exemption.
AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend