Adoption and Permanent Care Worker
Job no: 511127
Work type: Part Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Out of Home Care
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Part Time position 30.4 hours per week based at Morwell (with travel throughout Victoria)
- The role offers a diverse case management position to assist vulnerable children and young people.
- The role requires flexibility to increase hours depending on demand
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role of the Adoption and Permanent Care Case Manager is to provide leadership and coordination of the care team for children and young people, to achieve the best possible care for the child. This role is primarily responsible for the support of carers and children and young people in care. This role will work collaboratively with other care team members to ensure the development of a plan that supports the best interests of each child. Recruitment, training and assessment of carers will occur as required. The role may also require the successful applicant to undertake Adoption relinquishment counselling.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family welfare experience, with particular experience in out of home care
- Understanding of the legislative, policy and practice environment of out of home care
- Skills and experience in supervision of carers
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) drivers license
- Demonstrated skills in case management
- Well developed organisational skills
- Understanding of, and capacity to act according to the principles and intent of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: PD - APC Case Manager.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Rebecca Virtue on 51359555
Applications close Sunday 10 July 2022
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend